Business Professionals of America
Student of the Year Award
To recognize those students who have made significant contributions to Business Professionals of America as a student member.
Registered, student members in good standing with Business Professionals of America. Current or former National Officers will not be considered for this award. To be eligible for the Student of the Year award the applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Completed a minimum of one full year as a student member
- Served as a local, regional or state officer
- Attended a minimum of one (1) State Leadership Conference and one (1) National Leadership Conference (Required for Secondary)
- Competed in the WSAP
- Earned the Ambassador Torch Award
- Participated in the BPA Cares Program
The applicant must also meet a minimum of five (5) of the following criteria:
- Attended a minimum of one (1) State Leadership Conferences and/or one (1) National Leadership Conference (Optional for Post-Secondary)
- Earned the National Merit Scholar Award
- Participated in the Intern Program at the National Leadership Conference
- Participated in the Leadership Academy at the National Leadership Conference
- Made significant contributions to Special Olympics
- Earned the President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Completed the Student Member Certification Series
- Earned the BPA Cares Member Recruiter Award
- Completed the Life Skills Achievement Program
Lastly, the applicant must submit the following information:
- Nomination Form
- Narrative review of applicant’s supportive contributions to BPA on the local, regional, state or national level
- Two letters of support for the applicant
- One letter must be from a local advisor
- One letter must be from the state advisor
- Resume for the applicant
All nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form. Nominations due March 1. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Nominations must be submitted at http://www.bpa.org/submit
All materials submitted become the property of Business Professionals of America and may be used as the National Center deems appropriate.
It is not necessary for the individual to attend the National Leadership Conference to participate in the program and receive the award.
DO NOT SEND ANY AWARD APPLICATION(S) AS PART OF ANOTHER APPLICATION. AWARDS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED WITH TECHNICAL PROJECTS FOR COMPETITIVE EVENTS. EACH AWARD MUST BE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY.
A maximum of five (5) individuals will be recognized on stage with a plaque at the National Leadership Conference.
It is the policy of Business Professionals of America that no person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity for which it is responsible.