Business Professionals of America
Social Media Award
To encourage local chapters to become actively involved in the National Officer Team Social Media Challenges; and to encourage local chapters to publicize their local activities and events.
All applicants must be in good standing with Business Professionals of America. This award is open to members in the Middle Level, Post-Secondary and Secondary Divisions. Business Professionals of America will be hosting a variety of challenges throughout the year in various social media outlets. Each chapter must fulfill at least four of the activities and write one activity description using the online application (500 word maximum). Description must include a full description of the activities (what happened, how it went, who was involved) and links to chapter social media pages where the activities took place.
These challenges are (must complete 4):
- Join your National Officer Team as they host a Tweet-A-Thon during the months of October and January. Use “#BPAAllDay”.
- BPA will be conducting a “Chapter Social Week Challenge” in November. Members are encouraged to participate in social events together as a chapter. These challenges will count toward Torch Award points. Multiple challenge activities will be announced on the BPA national social media sites. Chapters will complete multiple challenges which will then be documented through photography or videography and can be submitted to the National Facebook Page or Twitter account using “#BPASocial”.
- BPA will be conducting a “BPA Week Challenge”, which will consist of different “challenges” each day of the week beginning the second full week in February, coinciding with BPA Week. Members will document completion of challenges through either photography or videography submitted to the National Facebook Page or Twitter account using the hashtag “#BPAWeekChallenge”.
- Participate in “#BPAMillion” by posting your favorite memory of BPA with the hashtag #BPAMillion and tagging Business Professionals of America.
- In an effort to enhance your digital citizenship, establish a committee to complete the requirements of the “Social Media Etiquette” course sponsored by Next Step Academy. This committee should lead in a presentation that covers, but is not limited to, general etiquette of social media, being mindful of social media’s impact, how to maintain a professional image on social media, etc.
- In an effort to enhance your digital citizenship, establish a committee to complete the requirements of the “Social Media Essentials and College Admissions for Business Professionals of America” course sponsored by Social Assurity. This committee should lead in a presentation that covers, but is not limited to, general etiquette of social media, being mindful of social media’s impact, how to maintain a professional image on social media, etc.
Guidelines and Application
Applications must be submitted utilizing the online application. Submission applications must include all activity descriptions. Partial applications will not be accepted or combined. Do not begin the application online submission form until you have completed all activities.
Applications due April 1.