Business Professionals of America
The BPA Cares Program
A BPA chapter aligned with the goals and mission of Business Professional of America is concerned with service. Business Professionals of America recommends chapters become involved in one or more of the BPA Cares programs it offers. Participation in this program means that members are engaging in worthwhile projects while having the opportunity to receive recognition from the national organization.
Service Learning Award Program and Special Recognition Award Program applications except Merit Scholar, Professional Cup and Membership Explosion must be submitted utilizing the online application. Submission applications must include all activity descriptions. Partial applications will not be accepted or combined. Do not begin the application online submission form until you have completed all activities.
The Merit Scholar exam is offered at the National Leadership Conference.
The Professional Cup and Membership Explosion awards are determined on a national level based on the qualifications provided.
Professional Award applications must be submitted at http://www.bpa.org/submit.
- Deadlines: Special Recognition Awards & Service Learning Awards-April 1, 2018; Professional Awards-March 1, 2018
- NO E-MAIL OR MAIL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- All materials submitted become the property of Business Professionals of America and may be used as the National Center sees fit.
- It is not necessary for a chapter to attend the National Leadership Conference to participate in the program and receive the award.
- DO NOT SEND ANY AWARD APPLICATION(S) AS PART OF ANOTHER APPLICATION. AWARDS MAY NOT BE SUBMITTED WITH TECHNICAL PROJECTS FOR COMPETITIVE EVENTS. EACH AWARD MUST BE SUBMITTED SEPARATELY.
- Applicants may only count activities once in the BPA Cares Award Program, except Service Learning Individual Award and Chapter Activities Award of Excellence.
- Chapters may complete more than one activity to equal the total number of hours/dollars.
- Activity descriptions cannot exceed 500 words in total.
- Sample activities are provided, but not required.
- All activity descriptions must include title, organization benefiting from the project, date project completed, location of the project and description of the project.
Service Learning Awards
100-249 service hours OR $500.00-$999.00 contribution: Certificate of Achievement
250+ service hours or $1000.00+: Award of Achievement and recognition on stage at the National Leadership Conference
Special Recognition Awards
BPA Marketing & Public Relations: Chapters completing the minimum number of activities will receive a Certificate of Achievement. Chapters completing five or more activities will receive an Award of Achievement and recognition on-stage at the National Leadership Conference.
BPA Merit Scholar: Participants achieving 90% or more on the Open Exam offered at NLC will receive a BPA Merit Scholar pin during the Awards Session at the National Leadership Conference.
Chapter Activities Award of Excellence: A plaque will be presented to each qualifying chapter on stage at the National Leadership Conference.
Recruiter of the Year Award: Approved applicants will receive a Certificate of Achievement. Each year the applicant with the most recruited new members and/or chapters in their division will be recognized with a plaque as National Recruiter of the Year at a General Session during the NLC.
Social Media: Chapters who complete a minimum of four (4) activities will receive a Certificate of Achievement. The top chapter in each Division completing the most activities will receive an Award of Achievement and recognition on-stage at the National Leadership Conference.
The Professional Cup: The award will be presented on stage at the National Leadership Conference. It will consist of a plaque for the state association to keep and the Professional Cup trophy with the state association’s name and the year it was won engraved on a 10-year engraving plate. The Professional Cup trophy will be in the winning state association’s possession for one year starting from the last day of the National Leadership Conference until the next National Leadership Conference, where it will be presented to the next winning state association.
After the tenth year, the trophy will be retired and presented to the state within each division who won the award the most times during the ten years.
Membership Explosion Award: Chapters with the minimum increase will receive a Certificate of Achievement. The top overall chapter in each division with the highest number growth will receive an Award of Achievement and recognition on-stage at the National Leadership Conference and the overall top chapter in each division with the highest percentage growth will receive an Award of Achievement and recognition on-stage at the National Leadership Conference.
Advisor of the Year, Emerging Advisor of the Year, Emerging Professional of the Year: A maximum of one individual will be recognized with a plaque on stage at the National Leadership Conference.
Hall of Fame: A maximum of two (2) individuals will be recognized with lifetime memberships and individual plaques on stage at the National Leadership Conference. The names of those recognized will be added to the Hall of Fame plaque displayed at the National Center.
Outstanding Service Award: A maximum of five (5) individuals will be recognized with a plaque on stage at the National Leadership Conference.